A LA CARTE DINING IS NOW OPEN
8 at Trinity will be opening for TAKE AWAY and A LA Carte dining from Friday 5th June.
As you may have heard, Government restriction are slowly easing. This currently would allow us to open for 50 patrons at time. We will increase our days and hours as the government allows increased seating.
We are very grateful to all our patrons, staff and suppliers for their support during this time and we look forward to welcoming you all. The dinning environment in a post COVID-19 world will need to adapt and change so we can all stay safe and enjoy the things we love, namely good food, good wine and good company.
We hope that you and your family stay safe during this time.
Natalie Johnson and the 8 At Trinity team
Closed: Monday – Wednesday (Please note our days and times will increase as restrictions ease)
Take Away Available:
Thursday – 12 – 8:30
Friday – 12 – 8:30
Saturday – 8 -9
Sunday – 8 – 3
Thursday Lunch -12 – 4
Thursday Dinner -6 – 9:30
Friday Lunch -12 – 4
Friday Dinner – 6 – 9:30
Saturday Breakfast -8 -11
Saturday Lunch -12 – 4
Saturday Dinner -6 – 9:30
Sunday Breakfast- 8 -10:15
Sunday Lunch -12 – 4
Sunday Dinner Closed
Picnic blankets will be available for purchase and outdoor seating is available to those who would like to enjoy their take-away meal by the water.
Bottle shop: Our bottle shop is now open, trading hours as above. Receive a 10% in the bottle shop with any take-away purchase
Bookings: please book via reservations button
Payment: Card payment only. No Split bills, maximum of two card payments per table. We do not take cash
Licence: We are fully licenced and do not allow BYO.
Accommodation: Come and stay a while with the launch of our short stay packages at Trinity Point. Enquire about availability here.
Berths: Casual berths are available for our patrons. Contact the marina office at the link below to arrange your berth.
STATEMENT OF INTENT REGARDING COVID-19
Our customers and our staff are our number one priority and the following is important information regarding COVID-19. As you will be aware the situation has been evolving rapidly and at 8 at Trinity, we will continue to ensure you and our staff are kept informed.
We have already undertaken several initiatives:
- As per government instructions we are required to have no more than 10 people in our venue, including staff at any one time. However, most of our seating is outdoor with plenty of space between tables.
- We are maintaining a distance of 1.5 meters between all tables.
- We are offering a more diverse take away menu. This menu can be found on our website and we are able to take orders through our website.
- Handwashing instructions have been placed in our bathrooms
- Aligned with Government and expert health advice, we have implemented a sanitising and disinfecting plan, focusing on table surfaces, door handles, chairs and bathrooms, which all staff have been trained and instructed to follow.
- 8 at Trinity has been educating team members on how to prevent transmission of viruses and as per the advice of the WHO and NSW Health, our focus has been around best practice personal hygiene
- Our leaders are monitoring team members and any staff returning from countries where government self-isolation requirements exist are stood down for 14 days
- We have briefed our staff on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19
Our plan for if a COVID-19 case is suspected:
- Medical and Health Services will be notified immediately
- We will notify the community once the case has been verified by health professionals
- All relevant areas will be cleaned in accordance with WHO best practice guidelines
What you can do:
- You can protect yourself and others from getting sick by regularly washing your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds and avoid touching your face
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue and dispose of the tissue in a waste bin
- If you are suffering from flu-like symptoms, please self-isolate and contact relevant authorities
8 at Trinity is continuing to monitor the advice of the Department of Health and Government and our priority is to ensure all our customers and team members are well informed of the situation and to provide a safe environment to visit.
The Team at 8 at Trinity